Academic Advisor II
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Job Title||Academic Advisor II|
|Position Title||Academic Advisor II|
|Agency||Texas A&M Engineering|
|Department/Division||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
Recruits and advises undergraduate students concerning their career goals and academic requirements; provides information on and refers students to University resources that can assist in meeting their needs or solving problems; may supervise projects; some nights and weekends will be required.
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years of related experience in advising and recruiting.
Master’s degree or above in education, counseling, or general subject area of placement and two years experience in advising, recruiting, teaching, coaching, Student Affairs or other related area.
TAMU advising experience.
|Job Location||College Station|
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please indicate the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
Did you graduate from high school or receive a GED?
Do you have related experience in advising and recruiting?
- Yes, with a Bachelor's degree and 0-1 year of experience
- Yes, with a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years experience
- Yes, with an Associate's degree and 0-3 years experience
- Yes, with an Associate's degree and 4+ years experience
- Yes, with a High School diploma/GED and 0-5 years experience
- Yes, with a High School diploma/GED and 6+ years experience
- No experience
Do you have a Master's degree or above in Education, Counseling, or general subject of placement?
How many years experience do you have in advising, recruiting, teaching, coaching, Student Affairs or other related area or related experience?
- Less than 1 year
- At least 2 years but less than 4 years
- At least 4 years but less than 6 years
- 6+ years
- No experience
Do you have previous advising experience within the TAMU System?
Do you have knowledge with Compass and Howdy?
- Only have knowledge of Howdy
- Only have knowledge of Compass
- Have knowledge of Howdy and Compass
- No knowledge of Howdy or Compass
Please indicate your knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application